Jobseekers Diamond Jubilee Celebrations

Atos – DWP the Lourdes Cure – for all your ailments no matter how severe. Get the CURE attend one of the Atos miracle centres today without delay. Snake oil and spin a speciality. Taken with large dose of sugar to help the medicine go down.
BoroBot
Site Admin

Jobseekers Diamond Jubilee Celebrations

Post by BoroBot »

jobseekers were bussed into London to work as unpaid stewards for the Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
Prescott urges probe into claims jobseekers were bussed into capital to work as unpaid stewards during Jubilee pageant
and forced to camp at London Bridge
Workers claim they had to change in public, had no access to a toilet, and were taken to a swamp-like campsite at the end of their 14-hour shift
By Damien Gayle
PUBLISHED: 16:15, 5 June 2012 | UPDATED: 17:48, 5 June 2012
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1wzB7qXWe
.................."Sources at the Department for Work and Pensions denied the claims, saying they were only outside in the cold for two hours after a 'mix-up' when the driver of their bus refused to let them sleep on board"......................... How would someone at the DWP know this? Have they investigated this (in less than a day on a bank-holiday Tuesday) or are they merely repeating a facesaving explanation from the company concerned? And if so, is that the DWPs job? I know I'd be more inclined to believe the statements of the poor worker who were actually there!
- Eamonn, Mitcham, 5/6/2012 17:50
It is an interesting exercidse to check out Molly Prince (MD at Close Protection UK) on Company-Director-Check Watch. She has a string of disolved companies behind her and her present company has debts of c.£1/4 million with assetts of just c.£34,000. It's a wonder that the company could afford the petrol to bus the workers to London.
- The Phantom Flan-flinger, TISWASland , 5/6/2012 17:34
I have just written to my MP about this issue. I want her to confirm with either the DCMS or the London Organising Committee that if the Gardian story is confirmd to be accurate, then CPUK will have absolutely no role whatsover to play at the forthcoming Olympics. I urge all readers disgusted by the behaviour of this company to do the same and if your MP happens to represent a constituancy in Bristol, Bath and Plymouth (were the workers were living) perhaps he or she could ask a question at the next PMQs
- Eamonn, Mitcham, 5/6/2012 17:41

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHcdvp0qz-Q

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)