TOP COP ARRESTED

Join the gang: centralise criminal activities concentrate on mobility sightseeing spending enjoyment. Committee positions open for new candidates.
BoroBot
Site Admin

Re: TOP COP ARRESTED

Post by BoroBot »

Cleveland Police Chief Constable Sean Price arrested
Sean Price became chief constable of Cleveland Police in 2003
Cleveland Police's chief constable and his deputy have been arrested in an investigation into allegations of fraud and corruption, the BBC understands. Chief Constable Sean Price and his deputy Derek Bonnard are believed to be two of the three held as part of the probe involving the force. The inquiry centres on people associated with Cleveland Police Authority.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-14386361
is the 3rd un-named female Joanne Thwaites?
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

Chief constable and deputy arrested over corruptuion allegations
One of Britain’s most senior police officers and his deputy have been arrested as part of a corruption and fraud investigation.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... tions.html
Chief Constable and his deputy are both arrested in corruption probe
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1TyyiFMuY
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9 ... stigation/
Dean M , Darlington says...
6:56pm Wed 3 Aug 11
"Dante wrote:
Time to bring Ray Mallon in as Chief..........if he'd come back that is."

"I agree...he'd show 'em what corruption is.”
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

It has also emerged that Caroline Llewellyn, Cleveland Chief Constable’s solicitor, received £213,379 redundancy after spending 36 years with the force.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/9 ... _payments/
POLICE REDUNDANCY PAYOUTS
PredatorDrone »
I was going to post this into the Unleashing Hell Topic - - -but of course it has gone the journey
The badly treat public sector are having a bash on the 30th June unleashing hell on the private sector who fund them.
THE former chief executive of Cleveland Police Authority has scooped a redundancy payment of £361,950, the Gazette can reveal.
The taxpayer-funded payoff to Joe McCarthy, 44, is one of two totalling more than half a million pounds made to senior Cleveland Police figures. Separately, it has emerged that Caroline Llewellyn, solicitor to Cleveland’s Chief Constable got a £213,379 payoff from her post.
The payouts are the latest golden goodbyes for Teesside public sector workers to be revealed by the Gazette.
Peter Race….He said “the change in management structure would produce long term savings - in the region of £200,000 over a five year period” (after paying out £570,000) leading to a £200,000 savings over 5 years - - - how many more redundancies how many more payouts.
Public sector people on lottery win payouts funded by - - - you got it in one
http://forums.gazettelive.co.uk/viewtop ... 50&start=0
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

they cudda been out early jogging and or sniffing together:- allegedly ;)
THETELESCOPE wrote:Mallon has just said n Sky News he was 'told early this morning'

Errh Who told him 'early this morning' .

Did Mallon know before the Chief Constable himself ?
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

is Middlesbrough Police suffering Mallon sex corruption slurs MK11
will investigation be called Lancet... The Return to be shown at cinemas along with ToryBoy
will Sir Stuart Bell MP for Middlesbrough?? be placing full page ad in the times
will Seaton Carew beach be used for press conferences
will all involved be taking help & advice on how to avoid the Media from Mr Canoe himself
will Mallon Thwaites Bell Price Llewelyn etc all be caught on film in Panama trying to buy property boats and things
THE PEOPLE OF MIDDLESBROUGH DESERVE ANSWERS :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

Sean O’Neill, Crime Editor
Senior police officers are receiving “off-book payments” and secret perks totalling hundreds of thousands of pounds, including private school fees and cars for their spouses. The Times has discovered that one chief constable heading a force of just 1,700 officers was paid a £74,000 top-up on his salary last year. Sean Price, of the Cleveland force, was paid a £50,000 “retention package” and an “honorarium” of £24,000, raising his income to £200,000. The private deals, sometimes referred to as debentures or supplements, are negotiated with police authorities behind closed doors and paid over and above salaries agreed in national negotiations. The incentives include generous relocation packages, satellite TV, home security and even “lifestyle coaching”. They are legal but largely hidden from the public. The Times has uncovered the scale of the practice.
Chief Constable Price, 53, whose salary is roughly £200,000, also spoke out in May after it emerged the IPCC was investigating a claim he used “undue influence” to appoint a member of staff in 2008. Mr Price said the allegation was “malicious”. He also hit the headlines in October last year when the Mirror revealed he had left his wife to set up home with his ex-staff officer – Detective Chief Insp Heather Eastwood – who, at 39, is 14 years his junior. Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-storie ... z1U3CLsXBA
http://www.bent-cops.cleveland-police.co.uk/
http://www.cleveland-police.com/
http://www.wikio.co.uk/news/Derek+Bonnard
http://publicauthoritywatcher.blogspot. ... icers.html
http://publicauthoritywatcher.blogspot. ... ficer.html
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

RAY Mallon talks nonsense:-
Claims of police crisis 'nonsense'
Aug 4 2011
The Mayor of Middlesbrough has rejected claims that Cleveland Police is a force in crisis following the arrests of the Chief Constable and his deputy. Ray Mallon, who served as a detective superintendent with the force before being elected mayor, said reports of unrest in the ranks were "nonsense". The 56-year-old was nicknamed Robocop during his time on the force in recognition of his zero tolerance approach to policing. Mr Mallon said it was important Cleveland Police Authority kept the public informed about the progress of the corruption investigation. He stressed the need to control the costs of the inquiry, and said he expected Sean Price and Derek Bonnard to co-operate fully with the investigating officers. Speaking from his office at Middlesbrough Town Hall, he said: "It is absolute nonsense to suggest that this is a force in crisis; complete nonsense. "This force continues to be absolutely efficient and effective and I have got the evidence to back that up. "Public confidence in the police in this area is very high. "I think that is justified and the rank and file - the constables and the sergeants that are on the streets - will continue to protect the public. http://www.birminghampost.net/news/uk-n ... -29179330/
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

news latest you heard it here first...... now toy craze for xmas....... the mall in the box
order yours now from Durham Prison MBC wing :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

Cleveland's Chief Constable Sean Price: I am innocent
Sandy McKenzie
Evening Gazette
Aug 10 2011

CLEVELAND’S Chief Constable Sean Price today said he is “entirely innocent” after his arrest in a corruption probe. Speaking for the first time since he was held a week ago by officers investigating alleged misconduct, Mr Price said he was confident he would be proved innocent of wrongdoing. The Chief Constable was arrested a week ago along with the Deputy Chief Constable Derek Bonnard and the former Solicitor to the Chief Constable Caroline Llewellyn. All three were arrested on suspicion of misconduct in a public office, fraud by abuse of position and corrupt practice. Today Mr Price said: “I wish to make it clear I am entirely innocent of any offences and am confident that this will be shown to be the case in due course.”

Mr Price also said:
He is deeply saddened at the way he has been treated.
He answered every question during his time in custody.
He is looking forward to returning to lead “the best force in the country”.

Mr Price and Mr Bonnard were released on bail last Thursday after their arrest a day earlier.
Ms Llewellyn was released on bail last Wednesday night.
The arrests were part of an investigation being led by Warwickshire’s Chief Constable Keith Bristow
into a number of people with current or past associations with Cleveland Police Authority.
The probe has already led to the resignation of Cleveland Police Authority chairman Councillor Dave McLuckie in May.
Cllr McLuckie has always denied any wrongdoing.
In a statement, Mr Price said: “You will obviously understand why I am unable to fully discuss what has happened over the last few days
but I must say that I am deeply saddened by the way I have been treated.
“I have spent my entire career fighting crime, and a few days ago found myself on the other side of the fence
with officers knocking at my door at six o’clock in the morning to arrest me.
“I then spent nearly 30 hours in custody and my car and house were searched.
“Throughout the time I was in custody I was interviewed four times and answered every single question.
During this time no evidence or allegation of wrongdoing was put to me.
“In the light of this, in due course I believe that there are serious questions to be answered
about the necessity, proportionality and legal justification for my treatment.”
The Chief Constable said he is confident that he will be proved “entirely innocent”.
He said crime had halved, public confidence was the highest in the country
and only two months ago Cleveland Police was named Force of the Year.
“These achievements come as a result of the tremendous hard work of our officers and staff,
the Police Authority, the support of our partners, and most of all the efforts of local people in our neighbourhoods.
“It has been a real Team Cleveland effort. It is essential that this good work continues.
Mr Price gave his backing to temporary Deputy Chief Constable Dave Pickard and Assistant Chief Constable Sean White who are leading the force.
Mr Price, who was appointed in 2003, also thanked people who had sent him messages of support.
He added: “I look forward to returning to my role soon and resume in leading the best force in the country.
”Mr Price said he knew his statement also reflected the position and the feelings of Deputy Chief Constable Derek Bonnard.
“You will appreciate that as this is an ongoing police investigation I am not in a position to comment any further at this time,” said Mr Price.

The statement
YOU will obviously understand why I am unable to fully discuss what has happened over the last few days but
I must say that I am deeply saddened by the way I have been treated.
I have spent my entire career fighting crime, and a few days ago found myself on the other side of the fence
with officers knocking at my door at six o’clock in the morning to arrest me.
I then spent nearly 30 hours in custody and my car and house were searched.
Throughout the time I was in custody I was interviewed four times and answered every single question.
During this time no evidence or allegation of wrongdoing was put to me.
In the light of this, in due course I believe that there are serious questions to be answered about the necessity,
proportionality and legal justification for my treatment.
I wish to make it clear that I am entirely innocent of any offences
and am confident that this will be shown to be the case in due course.
I look forward to the day when I can fully talk about all that has happened.
On a professional level I remain enormously proud to lead Cleveland Police and
I believe that the force has made tremendous strides over the past eight years.
Crime has halved, public confidence is the highest in the country and only two months ago we were named “Force of the Year”.
These achievements come as a result of the tremendous hard work of our officers and staff, the police authority,
the support of our partners and, most of all, the efforts of local people in our neighbourhoods.
It has been a real “Team Cleveland” effort. It is essential that this good work continues.
I know that in Temporary DCC Dave Pickard and ACC Sean White we have dedicated and able chief officers who will lead by example
and will rightly insist on a business as usual attitude. They deserve the support of everyone and I am sure they will receive this.
Many people have been kind enough to contact me with their best wishes.
I thank you all and my message to you and to everyone is that Cleveland Police is not about an individual but a team.
I would ask the people of Teesside to focus upon supporting the police and in keeping our local communities safe.
I look forward to returning to my role soon and resume leading the best force in the country.
I know that this statement also reflects the position and the feelings of Deputy Chief Constable Derek Bonnard.
You will appreciate that as this is an ongoing police investigation I am not in a position to comment any further at this time.

Read More http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... z1UjTryCAS
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

Evening Gazette opinion
Sep 12 2003
By Evening Gazette
Why did the police want a cover-up?:
Today sees many media reports highlighting the amount of money spent on a North-east drugs trial that has now collapsed, basically decrying the fact that the police could have wasted so much money.
It's all very well to scoff after the event, but what the actual case rested upon was evolving interpretations of new Human Rights laws. No-one is yet sure of how these laws shape current law enforcement, let alone trying to guess nine months ago how they could hit a pending prosecution.
And so there is no criticism from this newspaper against Cleveland Police, the National Crime Squad or the Crown Prosecution Service for failing to guess that Human Rights decisions in Europe would mean defendants in this case would be deemed to have been denied a fair trial.
What we are unhappy about is the revelations in the front page story of today's newspaper. Basically, it appears that certain individuals at Cleveland Police wanted to cover up the fact that senior officers had been involved in allowing a known armed robber to be helped in acquiring sawn-off shotguns.
That in itself sounds like a high-risk strategy, and is certainly one that should be held up to public scrutiny now that trials that were linked to it are over.
So why did the force pay for a day's worth of legal argument to try to persuade a judge to keep those facts out of the public domain?
And how much of these facts were known to the new Chief Constable of Cleveland Police?
We are sure that some very serious questions will now be asked of some very senior officers.
Read more http://icteesside.icnetwork.co.uk/0100n ... _page.html
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

'Cash for guns'
Sep 12 2003 Exclusive by Chief Reporter Angus Hoy, Evening Gazette
Senior Cleveland Police officers actively encouraged a cash-for-guns loan to a notorious armed criminal just weeks before a brutal shotgun slaying, the Gazette can reveal today.
But when villain Keith McQuade stood trial for murder - for which he was acquitted - the jury was never told that police knew he had been seeking to buy weapons.
The sensational revelation emerged during months of legal argument in a major drugs trial at Teesside Crown Court.
Today, one of the 12 defendants, Middlesbrough businessman Joe Livingstone demanded a public inquiry into the affair. MP Ashok Kumar also called for an inquiry.
Details can only now be reported after Judge Peter Armstrong lifted a court order after halting the drugs trial on the grounds of abuse of process.
The judge ruled this week that new interpretations of European Human Rights legislation meant the defendants could have argued their trial was unfair trial as they were denied representation in arguments over the disclosure of sensitive material.
More than eight months of legal argument began in January - at a cost estimated by lawyers to have topped £15m.
The defendants were arrested in November, 2001, following an 18-month investigation by the National Crime Squad and were accused of conspiracy to supply cannabis and Ecstasy across the North-east.
But as legal argument centred on the authorisation for intrusive surveillance used in the police probe, attention was to turn to events leading up to the shooting of Lee King in January 2000.
Police documents revealed that Mr Livingstone had been approached the previous December by Park End armed robber and drug addict Keith McQuade who wanted to borrow cash to buy sawn-off shotguns.
The court heard how Mr Livingstone, who runs Pro-line Security from offices in Park End, contacted a Cleveland detective through an intermediary - named in court only as 'Mr X' - to ask what he should do. During legal argument Teesside Crown Court heard that high level meetings were held involving the then head of Middlesbrough CID Detective Superintendent Adrian Roberts, and the go-ahead was given for Livingstone to hand over the cash.
But plans to keep McQuade under close armed surveillance went awry and by early January police had lost track of him, the court heard. Lee King, 32, was blasted to death with a shotgun in the early hours of January 28, 2000 in Penistone Road, Park End.
Keith McQuade was charged with his murder but acquitted by a jury at Teesside Crown Court in April, 2001.
He was later jailed for life for armed robbery.
Speaking exclusively to the Evening Gazette, Mr Livingstone said: "I want a full public inquiry into the rules and guidelines the police broke and the suppression of evidence.
"I think Lee King's family also have a right to know what really happened in this case.
"The police have helped to arm a man they knew to be highly dangerous.
"They have also tried to implicate me in two murders when I did everything in my power to stop both of them.
"I also want to make it absolutely clear once and for all that I am not and never have been a registered police informant."
James Watson, of Middlesbrough solicitors Watson Woodhouse who represented Mr Livingstone, said: "A
detective sergeant has admitted encouraging the unlawful acquisition of a firearm which the police believe may have been used to kill Lee King.
"If that is true, that officer and the officers who encouraged him are potentially guilty of very serious criminal offences.
"The Chief Constable ought to urgently examine the case and if criminal proceedings follow, that will be the appropriate arena in which to examine the rights and wrongs of the matter. If no proceedings follow, the Chief Constable will still have to make clear what role his officers had in the acquisition of firearms and potentially the killing of Lee King.
"It is also unfortunate that the Chief Constable saw fit to initiate an attempt to try to prevent publication of this material."
Mr Livingstone's MP Ashok Kumar added his voice to calls for a full inquiry.
"Unanswered questions about the conduct of this and other investigations lead me to the view that there must be a full inquiry to establish the facts of the matter."
A Cleveland Police spokeswoman today said: "Such operations only happen after very careful scrutiny of all the circumstances, including both the short and long-term safety of the public."
The jury at the trial was not told of the operation because "there was no evidence that any such transaction took place", she said. "There has been no attempt to prevent the publication of information from this trial," she added. "What was sought was a short delay to enable us to consider the implications of the judge's ruling and the potential impact that disclosure of certain information could have on other outstanding serious crime investigations."
Cleveland Police launched an extraordinary eleventh-hour bid to prevent the Evening Gazette revealing the cash for guns scandal.
Judge Peter Armstrong had 'stayed' the trial of 12 men on drugs charges on Wednesday afternoon.
But a Contempt of Court Act order - which prevents the reporting of pre-trial argument until the end of proceedings - remained in place.
The Judge indicated he would lift the order after hearing representation from counsel and the Evening Gazette, and prosecutor Steve Williamson QC raised no objection.
But by yesterday morning, Cleveland Police's head of legal services Caroline Llewellyn had called in barrister Nick Wilcox from London to argue that the order should remain in force.
Mr Wilcox said: "Were you to lift the order at this stage, there is a substantial risk that a particular officer against whom allegations have been made stands a serious risk of being put forward in newspapers in a manner such that he would have no recourse under the law of defamation or of libel."
Mr Wilcox also told the court other investigations or proceedings were 'pending or imminent' and could be damaged by the Gazette's report, but refused to detail them in open court.
Graham Wood QC, representing Mr Livingstone, dismissed the application: "We are highly suspicious that this may be a contrivance."
Aidan Marron QC, described the move as a "lamentable situation to have been contrived by the Cleveland Constabulary".
Paul Cross, for the Evening Gazette, told Judge Armstrong: "If the alleged pending proceedings relate to any of the defendants in this case, then the only people likely to be prejudiced by publication are these defendants who are of course urging your honour to lift the gagging order."
After hearing submissions from Mr Wilcox in private, Judge Armstrong ruled: "I am not satisfied that there are pending or imminent proceedings within the meaning of Section 4(2) of the Contempt of Court Act."
The court also established that Cleveland Police had no right of appeal to the High Court against the judge's refusal to make an order.
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... -13400751/
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

£20m bill as drugs case ends in fiasco
A NINE-MONTH North-East drugs case collapsed last night - leaving taxpayers to foot a bill that could be as high as £20m.
Scores of detectives were involved in a long running investigation into drug dealing on Teesside.
Undercover officers spent months tailing suspects and eavesdropping on conversations as part of the operation which was run by the National Crime Squad with help from Cleveland Police.
Teesside Crown Court heard how a Mercedes car belonging to security firm boss Joe Livingstone was bugged.
Experts also bugged Mr Livingstone's home.
The court was told how the National Crime Squad received permission to carry out electronic surveillance on the basis that Mr Livingstone had allegedly orchestrated the murder of Middlesbrough man Lee King.
Thirty-two year old Mr King was shot in the back and the head near his home in the town's Park End area three years ago.
Detectives described the murder as "a cold blooded and premeditated killing".
Although Middlesbrough man Keith McQuade was jailed for life after admitting possessing the shotgun that killed Mr King, he was acquitted of murder. Officially the case remains open.
When police arrested Mr Livingstone in November 2001, they produced thousands of hours of secretly taped recordings.
Mr Livingstone, of Woodvale, Coulby Newham, Middlesbrough, and 11 others were charged with conspiracy to supply Class A drugs between June 2000 and November 2001.
Mr Livingstone and his 11 co-defendants all pleaded not guilty.
But the case sensationally collapsed last night when lawyers successfully argued the men had been denied a fair trial.
The case hinged on a recent decision by the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg.
In July, it ruled that two British men convicted after police stings were denied a fair trial because information vital to their defence was withheld.
The general rule is that defence lawyers are entitled to see any prosecution material relevant to the defence.
Last night, after the nine-month pre-trial hearing, Judge Peter Armstrong threw the case out ruling: "It was decided that a trial of the defendants would be unfair.
"I halted the trial on the basis that there seemed to be no alternative way of proceeding."
Police applied for an order preventing publication of the case but were over-ruled by the judge.
His decision came as a bitter blow to the National Crime Squad and Cleveland Police, who said the collapse had come about as a result of a legal technicality.
However, Mr Livingstone's solicitor, Jimmy Watson, had harsh words for the police operation.
Of the secret recordings, he said: "Mr Livingstone said some uncomplimentary things about Cleveland Police but in the main the contents were innocuous."
As to Mr Livingstone's alleged involvement in the murder of Lee King, he said: "Nothing could be further from the truth."
A spokesman for the National Crime Squad said: "The case has been stayed on a legal technicality. The judge has made his ruling and we will be studying it carefully with the Crown Prosecution Service before deciding whether to proceed any further."
Cleveland Police said: "This was a National Crime Squad operation. Obviously we are disappointed with the outcome.
"The trial collapsed as a result of a recent European decision on disclosure which meant the court procedures, whilst previously fair, had now become unfair.
"However, we will continue to use all lawful means to tackle drug dealing within the community."
The spokeswoman said the force could not comment on the extent of surveillance used during the investigation.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/archiv ... in_fiasco/