Labour creating a better Mbro

Creating a betterMiddlesbrough. “The Labour Party called to see you today to talk about how we can build a better North Ormesby and Brambles Farm Len Junier. Labour Councillor, North Ormesby and Brambles Farm Ward.”
BoroBot
Site Admin

Labour creating a better Mbro

Post by BoroBot »

Creating a betterMiddlesbrough.

“The Labour Party called to see you today to talk about how we can build a better North Ormesby and Brambles Farm
Len Junier. Labour Councillor, North Ormesby and Brambles Farm Ward.”
Listening to the people would be a good starting point

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
BoroBot
Site Admin

Re: Labour creating a better Mbro

Post by BoroBot »

The following that betterMiddlesbrough is generating now means that I occasionally get sent stuff from other parts of the town that we don’t see here in Linthorpe.

There was an A5 flyer pushed through doors in North Ormesby recently, from local Labour councillor Len Junier. It reads

“The Labour Party called to see you today to talk about how we can build a better North Ormesby and Brambles Farm” ( – isn’t that just ‘better Middlesbrough’ on a smaller scale?! John. )

“In the meantime, if there’s anything I can do to help you, please get in touch with me on my contact details below.

Len Junier. Labour Councillor, North Ormesby and Brambles Farm Ward.”

Not sure if it was Len himself that was out doing his walkabout but, if it was, credit to him for getting out amongst the people. Labour are going to miss a good worker like Len. He assured me that, if he was to stand as an Independent in the next locals, he would still get voted in. I challenged him to put his money where his mouth is, and stand as an Indie in order to be free from the party line, so we’ll have to wait and see if he’s as good as his word.

Anyway, the point of this post isn’t the front of this flyer, it’s what is on the reverse…

Barry Coppinger for Police Commissioner

On 15th November, the elections for Police and Crime Commissioner are your chance to deliver a verdict on an out of touch Tory-led Government and their failure to support our community on crime.

The Police Commissioner is an important post, with specific responsibilities for policing and community safety across Cleveland.

It is vital that we have a credible, local candidate who can work with both the police and local communities.

I have been selected as the Labour Party candidate in this election, and I hope that I can count on your support.

Barry Coppinger

First, you will notice that he doesn’t call himself ‘councillor’. This is a deliberate move to deceive people. I presume that this same party propaganda is being used by Labour across the whole of the Cleveland Police force area, including R&CBC, Stockton BC and Hartlepool BC. He doesn’t say that he’s still a councillor, because he doesn’t want people to look and see that he is focused on Middlesbrough, lest people further afield think that he’ll be ‘all for Middlesbrough’, perhaps? Or is it that, now that he is openly campaigning for the role of Police Commissioner, cllr Coppinger, according to the rules governing standing for election for the Police Commissioner post, should not be a councillor within the Cleveland Police area. He’s breaching the rules now. What does this do for his credibility in a campaign to be the man to uphold Law and Order in Cleveland?! If he can’t even campaign within the rules, what chance is there that he will act accordingly if he is elected. And Barry is not just a councillor. He’s still a ‘political advisor’ to Redcar & Cleveland Council. Again, the rules for the Police Commissioners election state that you cannot be an employee of any of the local authorities covered by the police force for which you are standing for election. Again, this is a clear breach of the rules!

More concerningly, this advert is on the back of a leaflet drop by a local Middlesbrough ward councillor, Len Junier, who appears to be calling on people in the capacity of ward councillor. If this flyer was funded by the Labour Party, then why haven’t we seen similar items from our Labour councillors here in Linthorpe? It appears that this item has been sent out by Len Junier in his role as a Ward Councillor. As such, we have to question whether this blatant propaganda for Barry Coppinger has been funded by Labour, by Len himself or by the taxpayers of Middlesbrough. Because if it’s the latter, then it breaks every rule in the book concerning misuse of public funds. Normally, if Labour pay for something to be printed, there’s a line somewhere on it claiming that has been produced at no expense to the taxpayer.

This item from Len Junier / Barry Coppinger, ominously carries no such claim.

http://bettermiddlesbrough.wordpress.co ... -down-now/
BoroBot
Site Admin

Re: Labour creating a better Mbro

Post by BoroBot »

Ah pisto….
dig out Middlesbrough Labour Party Members tweets forum and blog messages
what did the troll for North Ormesby and Brambles Farm say on the subject……..

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
Labour Party condemns trolls who mock Baroness Thatcher
Labour has distanced itself from a series of Tweets apparently sent by supporters calling for celebrations on the death of Baroness Thatcher.
By Rosa Prince, Online Political Editor
11:33AM BST 01 Aug 2012
Labour has distanced itself from a series of Tweets apparently sent by supporters calling for celebrations on the death of Baroness Thatcher.
The frail 86-year-old was unable to attend a lunch for former prime ministers at 10 Downing Street with the Queen to celebrate Her Majesty's Diamond Jubilee last week due to ill-health.
Last night, Louise Mensch, the backbench Conservative MP, called on Labour to respond after being sent a message by a follower who claimed to have worked for the Party inviting her to a party following Lady Thatcher's death.
Her message triggered a Twitter storm, with other critics of Lady Thatcher sending abusive messages about the former prime minister, calling her a s--- and other crude names.
However, other Labour supporters told Mrs Mensch that they deplored the remarks, and insisted that the Tweets did not represent the views of most party members.
Later, the MP called on the party to issue a statement condemning the Tweets and threatening to expel members who issued them.
She said: "Hi there, @UKLabour! can you disassociate yourselves from [a Facebook user] who's just invited me to party when Lady Thatcher dies?"
A spokesman for Labour has now responded, saying: "Language like this has no place on politics or civilised society. No one should be wanting to celebrate the death of anyone."
Many Labour supporters had taken to Twitter to express disgust at the tone of the comments Mrs Mensch had received.
One critic of Lady Thatcher, John Bradley, said: "Silly isn't it, when she dies there will be so many parties you won't need an invite."
David Blessing ‏added: "It's not like anyone's planning a murder. Just poised with balloons, streamers and a conga is forming right now."
Chris Castle said: "She wished me unemployed, powerless and subservient. why shld I show any compassion to her?"
And Simon Gardner said: "There's going to be the mother of all parties when Margaret Thatcher dies."
Other Labour supporters praised Mrs Mensch for highlighting the comments.
EmmaK67 said: "Totally agree with you on this. Wishing anyone dead is utterly repellant. Many Lab saying same today."
JamesABolton added: "It's just vile. Those people do not represent the Labour party that I belong to and believe in."
And Luke Wilcox said: "Louise, I vote Labour & in no way agree with some of the tweets you've received. I hope @uklabour disassociates itself too..."
Before Labour's remarks condemning the abusive Tweets, Mrs Mensch sent a series of messages saying: "What exactly are @UKLabour doing, or what have they ever done, to discipline or repudiate those who would celebrate Lady Thatcher's death?
"It's not a freedom of speech issue. It's an issue of what Labour party accepts.
"It is abundantly clear the party is going to be very seriously exposed on this. They should get act together and I hope make a statement.
"I would love to know what they have ever done about disciplining those who wish and old lady dead and broadcast their desire to celebrate it.
"I know , obviously, these people do NOT represent vast decent majority of party."
Fellow Tory backbencher Philip Davies commented: "These are the same people who try to claim to have a monopoly in compassion. At least everyone can now see how vile they are."
Mrs Mensch said: "Right. Enough of this. Sunny day, extreme left embarrassing themselves all over my @ stream. Lady T worth millions of any of these trolls.
"Really encouraging to see all, including those on the left, repudiate the celebrants of an old woman's death. Will @UKLabour do likewise?
"What we want is a simple statement that rejoicing in anyone's death is, like racism, cause for expulsion."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politic ... tcher.html