Chris Grayling

Atos – DWP the Lourdes Cure – for all your ailments no matter how severe. Get the CURE attend one of the Atos miracle centres today without delay. Snake oil and spin a speciality. Taken with large dose of sugar to help the medicine go down.
BoroBot
Site Admin

Chris Grayling

Post by BoroBot »

Up to half of 'jobless' may be working in the black economy as thousands forfeit their handouts
By James Chapman
PUBLISHED: 00:39, 13 June 2012 | UPDATED: 00:40, 13 June 2012
Almost half of jobless people told to do unpaid work are opting to forfeit their handouts instead.
The figures show that many benefit claimants are working in the black economy, according to employment minister Chris Grayling.
They would rather give up their welfare payments than forego their undeclared earnings, he said.
‘I sat through an interview with a young man in a job centre who was working for a few hours a week, below the benefit threshold, at a local nightclub,’ he told the Mail. ‘But he’d missed the previous week’s signing-on interview, and was told he’d be losing a week’s money as a result. He just shrugged. ‘No one just shrugs if they lose a week’s money, and they’ve got no other means of support. But proving it is easier said than done.
Employment minister sat through a interview( he sat there and shrugged) what did you want him to do start crying begging he is probably going to appeal I know I would just to pee you off,idiot your sacked there is millions unemployed you haven't done your job properly have you pick up your p45 and get lost.
- Jocky, Uk open prison, 13/6/2012 15:26
Filed in the House of Commons library yesterday - some research done by the DWP itself, stating that the mandatory work activity programme finds it has 'no impact on the likelihood of being employed' Well Mr Grayling?
- Rosemary, London UK, 13/6/2012 16:26
If Grayling KNOWS how many people were only pretending not to be working, and how much it cost, then he must know WHO they are. So, why was nothing done? Or, could it be that these figures and numbers are just yet another wild and inacurate statement from him?
- Lin, Bromley, 13/6/2012 4:18
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... douts.html