MIMA.......... TRUTH?????

Middlesbrough News to Post Your Views Discuss local and national topics everyone’s reading it from Teesside, London, Paris & Thorntree. Stories Mbro Gazette won’t publish are here at Middlesbrough Council News Forum including boro entertainment music sport read along with borobot and team. Demolish the spin from within MBC give it a wind and take the plunge join Middlesbrough Council News Forum.
AHSOT1

Re: MIMA.......... TRUTH?????

Post by AHSOT1 »

Lifted form the EG forum Tomaney Report Thread
PredatorDrone »
An excellent post but care it will mark you down for a potential banning
as mine will

Add to the £15000

1. Another £25000 in consultants fees for working out what to do about MIMA
2. £25000 on chopping down a wood (site44) to no real end
3. £50000 spent on what to do with the Town Hall
4. Around £100,000 + prosecuting wasted standards hearings etc
5. Etc etc etc etc Spending money like it was off a money tree (well it was wasnt it the taxpayer/borrowed money funded Labour money tree)

Now the chickens are home to roost blame the evil coalition
Rockliffe_Rover »
They can ban me if they want. But they'd better be aware that, if they do, I'm going to break cover and ask Mallon the same questions in a public meeting, when there's independent media present to record his responses. Like many in Middlesbrough, I'm sick of the lies and deceit. And I'm even sicker of my local taxes funding it. It's getting close to the time for decisive action... :wink:
DECISIVE ACTION INDEED
The facilities are available, the backup is available and the information is available

Tosha
AHSOT1

Post by AHSOT1 »

INFORMATION via FOI

I can confirm the process for calculating visitor numbers (MIMA) involves taking the total numbers from the electronic door counters on the front and cafe doors, then halving them to allow for visitors entering and leaving the building. The total numbers are in relation to visitors to the whole building including the cafe and shop. It is not possible to differentiate between those visitors coming into the gallery and those entering the cafe/shop only.

It also fails to mention those who enter only to use the toilet facilities etc.

Tosha
Deckard

Post by Deckard »

AHSOT1 wrote:INFORMATION via FOI

I can confirm the process for calculating visitor numbers (MIMA) involves taking the total numbers from the electronic door counters on the front and cafe doors, then halving them to allow for visitors entering and leaving the building. The total numbers are in relation to visitors to the whole building including the cafe and shop. It is not possible to differentiate between those visitors coming into the gallery and those entering the cafe/shop only.

It also fails to mention those who enter only to use the toilet facilities etc.

Tosha
and the kids who are taken to doodle on paper on the floor... all are "visitors"
AHSOT1

Post by AHSOT1 »

Hi Deckard

If you take the school children out of the figures the count becomes even worse as to usefulness.
Yet certain councillors do all their calculations as to the benefits in visitors, income generation into Middlesbrough based on such numbers! :lol: :lol:

And now as the place is doing so wonderfully well, there is the consultation taking place at £25,000 as to how to shift MIMA into a trust??? or something?? :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

MBC and wasted money no wonder the begging went on deaf ears

Tosha
Deckard

Post by Deckard »

We were told that even the visitors to Music Live - watching the doings on the stage in front of MIMA are counted as visitors to MIMA itself, and the number added to the yearly total, same for all the other "arty" "events" and "activities" that take place in Central Square outside of MIMA
AHSOT1

Post by AHSOT1 »

Hi Deckard
same for all the other "arty" "events" and "activities" that take place in Central Square outside of MIMA

Anyone bother to notice, the Giant TV in the square, where can anyone sit and actually watch it? A point I made when it was erected.
The question raised and the reply
It is only temporary for the world cup and will be removed afterwards
Why was it not pointed toward the seating and wider viewing area?
Answer ? Duh
My Comment maybe it was to allow Town hall users a better view :lol:

Like the MIMA count and calculations thereof and use of data a (slight ??? :lol:) flaw :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tosha
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

MIMA Middlesbrough:-
another BORO Labour Party created wasteland
the only visitors being the numbers fiddled by MBC
oh what fine art it is

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

Middlesbrough Council: cooking the books & fiddling with figures master class
AROUND 700,000 people have visited mima since its opening

http://middlesbrough-council.com/forum/ ... =516#p4335
seen_itallbefore
11:56 AM 26/1/2012
Fifth anniversary for the fifth visitor.lol.
Joking apart,i think the visiting figures are not a true reflection. Take away the cafe users,and the staff in and out,which counts as visitors every day. Then there's those kiddies school trips(bet they wet their selves with excitement) that boost the numbers.
The thing that jumps out at me is: One major change is that mima is likely to become a trust. Does that mean that there will be three or four Labour Councillors appointed to sit in the trough,sorry,i meant board,and claim thousands of pounds more for attending?

Buff
12:10 PM 26/1/2012
Been to MIMA several times and just think that it misses the target most of the time. could and should be so much better. That said, upwards and onwards. I look forward to more interesing exhibitions that will catch the imagination of the region. Intersting that Mackenzie Thorpe exhibited at the University and not at MIMA!!

borohun
12:20 PM 26/1/2012
It looks a nice building, they should gut it and put a pool in it and some squash courts.. then i may visit it..

Indie
12:23 PM 26/1/2012
Ms Brindley is correct - they do have a large and diverse young group of people - thousands of Mbro schoolchildren taken there time after time to boost the visitor numbers. The 15,000 visitors went to see Top Gear not the art work - those figures were included in the data sent to the Arts Council when applying for funding. The main criteria is the number of visitors. Look how many go in and out to use the facilities, the cafe, the staff etc etc - all included in visitor numbers because they break the electronic beam on the front door which registers people going in and out.

PredatorDrone
12:25 PM 26/1/2012
I find it rather odd, that on a previous occasion, a councillor quoting the figure 500,000. I'm wondering where the extra 200,000 visitors comes from.
If one does the Maths, it works out that every visitor to MIMA is subsidised to the tune of about £18.00 each, and even with the new figure of an additional 200,000 it still costs £10 per visitor. That subsidy covers every CAFE user, every TOILET user, every STAFF Iin and out movement, plus the kiddies visits. They should change its name from MIMA to MIRAGE.

Marigold
12:32 PM 26/1/2012
Wonder who is paid to massage/manipulate the figures. What happens if someone stands at the doors, waving a piece of card to interupt the beam, won't take long to add lots and lots of numbers to the inflated already user count.

PredatorDrone
12:43 PM 26/1/2012
INFORMATION via FOI
I can confirm the process for calculating visitor numbers (MIMA) involves taking the total numbers from the electronic door counters on the front and cafe doors, then halving them to allow for visitors entering and leaving the building. The total numbers are in relation to visitors to the whole building including the cafe and shop. It is not possible to differentiate between those visitors coming into the gallery and those entering the cafe/shop only, nor staff, deliveries via main doors and such. It also fails to mention those who enter only to use the toilet facilities and such. The figures are compensated by a factor of 1.2% adjustment, for possible miscounts. The councillor who quoted in the evening gazette the 500,000 figure was Clr, Rooney. Now who is being a little variable with the actuale.

auction
1:06 PM 26/1/2012
Cost to the council taxpayers £1m a year!!!! That is all you need to know about this building

borohun
1:53 PM 26/1/2012
Gut it and put a swimming pool in make money for a change..

tomfoolery
2:04 PM 26/1/2012
I`m ashamed to say it but I`ve yet to visit the place. It`s good that we have it though and I hope it goes on for many more years to come. And maybe I`l get round to visiting it one day!

goodcopbadcop
2:20 PM 26/1/2012
Million Pound a year. How many of our local services would that pay for. What a waste of our money. The Gazette recently reported that nobody turned up to a meeting about the cuts. This is why, The Council dont listen

rickystoe
3:37 PM 26/1/2012
What a waste of money and it's not it's 5 birthday untill sept the 8th as I remember that as it was opened the day of my wedding because people went out of the wedding reception to watch the fire work display looks like waste some more money before April gut it and put a swimming pool in there then I might go 15.000 went to see top gear not the gallery trust me

Read More http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... z1kZpzMBLA
http://middlesbrough-council.com/forum/ ... =516#p4335

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
BoroBot
Site Admin

Post by BoroBot »

34% were from Middlesbrough and other areas including Mars Jupiter & Pluto
66% were from the imaginative minds of MBC

HUNDREDS of people donned their party outfits to celebrate mima’s fifth birthday.
Middlesbrough’s modern art gallery, in Centre Square, invited families to its free birthday party and put on a host of activities. Middlesbrough mayor Ray Mallon launched the celebrations and cut the gallery’s birthday cake.
Read More http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... z1l2LdKHOL