Kingdom

Middlesbrough News to Post Your Views Discuss local and national topics everyone’s reading it from Teesside, London, Paris & Thorntree. Stories Mbro Gazette won’t publish are here at Middlesbrough Council News Forum including boro entertainment music sport read along with borobot and team. Demolish the spin from within MBC give it a wind and take the plunge join Middlesbrough Council News Forum.
BoroBot
Site Admin

Kingdom

Post by BoroBot »

Middlesbrough Ray Mallon's Bulldozer Kingdom

THE latest phase of demolition work in Grove Hill is under way.
Work has been carried out this week on pulling down four homes in Keith Road.
Last week four other houses in Keith Road and two in Sunnyside Avenue were demolished as part of a regeneration process.
Read More http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... z1kU7dJHpA
Indie
12:02 PM on January 25, 2012
It's all very well to say hundreds of houses will "eventually" be built there while Erimus are demolishing perfectly decent sold houses while over 6,000 are on their waiting list.

porky
12:36 PM on January 25, 2012
why demolish perfectly good houses,refurbished at great expense not to long ago,
The houses are not a problem ,its the people in them,Nobody will want to live there until ALL the rubbish has been removed, but where to ,to blight another area

seen_itallbefore
12:48 PM on January 25, 2012
Are the the Council and Erimus really that naive? It's common knowledge to most people that the robust houses that were only built in the 1930s are not the problem. It's always been about the minority of bad tenants,who have been allowed over the years,for it to be a no go area. They have dispersed these people all over Middlesbrough,to infest other estates. Would it not have been more feasible when they moved these people out,and moved decent folk into the existing properties,instead of spending untold millions of pounds in rebuilding? Or is it against their human rights to be move scum out,to let decent tenants in?So demolish and rebuild is a way round this. The same has happened in Whinney banks. Crazy goings on IMO.

boroboyinafrica
12:58 PM on January 25, 2012
we took my grandkids around the area in december to show them where their great great grandparents lived. i was shocked at the state of the place and the looks and stares of people standing on corners. my memories of rosecroft avenue will never be the same!

banjo
12:58 PM on January 25, 2012
this is the madness of MBC. house scumbags then move them out. destroy the good houses. build new houses eventually put a few more scum families in to destroy them. this is the merry-go-round of the MBC. !

Read More http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... z1kU4WKJpP
BoroBot
Site Admin

Re: Kingdom

Post by BoroBot »

rocket123
1:33 PM on January 25, 2012
Took my boy to look at our old house in The Vale, very sad to see it in such a state. I had some great times living there it seemed so much bigger then, nice people as neighbous as well we used to camp in the front garden, can you imagine doing that now?

PredatorDrone
1:59 PM on January 25, 2012
Anyone wonder where the £125 million they have had to date, has gone.
To tackle deprivation, we still have 16 wards classed as deprived areas.
As soon as MBC gets their hands on a few bob, they rush out to waste it.
No wonder the Tories are putting the blocks on them.

tripehound
2:40 PM on January 25, 2012
Most town and city councils do their best to build up their towns.
Not Middlesbrough
Ever since that nice architect Mr Poulson knocked on the town hall doors in the nineteen sixties we have seen nothing but destruction and jerry building.
No wonder Mr Mallon refuses to live in the town.

darkcloud
2:46 PM on January 25, 2012
The houses should have been refurbished and then given to decent tenants or sold privately, the problem isnt the houses nice and solid not the cardboard ones built today.
Erimus is continuing to make the same mistakes, by lettin g the houses here to undesirables who blight the area, it anly takes one in an area and they seem like a magnet to trouble.

Decimus
3:38 PM on January 25, 2012
Like the cat that got the cream,
http://www.erimushousing.co.uk/about_board.php

finnsgran
3:55 PM on January 25, 2012
A wee look at the Erimus board tells all. What's more they can't even keep their website up to date it is still showing what regeneration they are hoping to do by the end of 2010........doesn't bode well when the rest of us are working in 2012.

PredatorDrone
5:09 PM on January 25, 2012
"These homes will be part of wider regeneration which envisages hundreds of new homes being built in Grove Hill"
I like the word ENVISAGES, I recall Mallon way back in 2002 envisaging in Grove Hill, on a bull dozer, the same envisaging he had for Gresham/Middlehaven and St. Hildas. Not well up on the visionary aspects, is Mallon and MBC.

PredatorDrone
5:37 PM on January 25, 2012
No sign of Mallon in the cab, maybe gone off to get his braces adjusted.

PredatorDrone
6:00 PM on January 25, 2012
6000 on the waiting list.
10 YEARS AGO IN THE EVENING GAZETTE.
"Housing Associations bussing 2000 immigrants into Teesside"
EG WED 18/2012

Bubba
6:21 PM on January 25, 2012
Is there an artist's impression of what the scheme might look like? If there isn't, then there is something the council aren't telling us.

Bubba
6:24 PM on January 25, 2012
It would be better to have no houses at all. Just nice landscaping.

Decimus
7:10 PM on January 25, 2012
Artist impression of Erimus scheme,
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=dwarf+ ... r:20,s:142

EasyC
7:34 PM on January 25, 2012
Was it not RM 'The Mayor Of Middlesbrough' who openly stated in a radio interview with tfm last year on the subject of Grove-Hill that, "The Only Way To Get Rid Of Riff-Raff is to knock the houses down they live in", Come On How Pathetic MBC.
Then he supported Selective Licensing in Gresham, passing the buck to the landlord for which i imagine will save the council loads? not for real. Wonder why Selective Licensing wouldnt of worked in Grove-Hill 5 years ago, maybe simply because it was social housing? ran by ex's of the in-crowd.

Indie
8:30 PM on January 25, 2012
tripehound - you are mistaken about Erimus. It is part of the Fabrik Housing Group - a non-for profit making housing organisation and to say the houses now belong to the staff who used to run the council;'s housing department is utter rubbish.

bigredders
9:25 PM on January 25, 2012
We are a hard working, law abiding couple with two children who moved into Grove Hill in 2005, a stones throw from the houses pictured. We came from the south of England and had no idea what Grove Hill was like, we just needed a house as our circumstances were difficult. Erimus gave us the opportunity to rent a lovely solid house with three good sized bedroom rooms, utility room and central heating, with a promise of improvements to follow (now done). We thought it was a dream come true........until it was shattered by just two families and their uncontrolled kids. We lasted a year having had the car done five times, the house burgled (by the next door neighbour...twice) and vandalism, abuse etc. BUT the MAJORITY of our neighbours gave no trouble and just wanted to live their lives in peace and security. You can tear down as many good houses as you like (AND THEY ARE GOOD) but until you deal with the minority, nothing will change.....

Indie
10:52 PM on January 25, 2012
banjo - I am a single Mother and I have never ever been in troublle with the law. I have two children both have been to University and have good careers now. I have always worked and paid my way - taxes and all. It was the labour government who decided to increase the benefit system year after year banjo - now we are paying the price for that.

ackyhallboy
1:35 AM on January 26, 2012
I lived in 40 City Rd from birth virtually, then with my Grandmother in 73 Valley Rd, my other Grandmother lived in Byrneside. Our neighbours were hard working decent people. The girl next door became a doctor and the midwife lived three doors up. Not to mention Cloughie who lived just up the road. I looked at Valley Rd on Google earth and they seemed OK. Surely they are not going to pull them down. I would really like to come back to the Boro (from Western Australia) but some things in these (and other) letters right puts me off.

Read More http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... z1kXJIM2oL