Mallon & Co: all in it together

Middlesbrough News to Post Your Views Discuss local and national topics everyone’s reading it from Teesside, London, Paris & Thorntree. Stories Mbro Gazette won’t publish are here at Middlesbrough Council News Forum including boro entertainment music sport read along with borobot and team. Demolish the spin from within MBC give it a wind and take the plunge join Middlesbrough Council News Forum.
BoroBot
Site Admin

Mallon & Co: all in it together

Post by BoroBot »

Two losers together Ray Mallon & Amelia Lily
Amelia Lily set for honour from Mayor Mallon
Evening Gazette
MIDDLESBROUGH’S X Factor singing star Amelia Lily is to receive special recognition from her home town today.
Amelia was receiving a memento recognising her achievements from the mayor of Middlesbrough, Ray Mallon, at a reception at Middlesbrough Town Hall.
The 17-year-old from Nunthorpe reached the final of the X Factor, receiving millions of votes.
She also helped put the spotlight on Middlesbrough on one of the most popular TV programmes in the country.
Mr Mallon said: “It’s clear Amelia has immense talent and star appeal and people in Middlesbrough and the wider Tees area are extremely proud of her achievements.
“That is why I wanted to officially acknowledge what she has achieved so far and what she has done for the area.”
As well as the award Amelia will officially become a Love Middlesbrough ambassador - and receive a Love Middlesbrough goody bag.
She will also meet young people from Middlesbrough who have been inspired by her.
Read More http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... z1hHtceNT6
BoroBot
Site Admin

Re: Mallon & Co: all in it together

Post by BoroBot »

yorkshireman
11:24 AM on December 22, 2011
I hope you've set off early from Nunthorpe Amelia , about three hours will do it as it's murder getting into the town, it's about ten minutes on the train which there are about three a day, I bet Mallon would not come to Nunthorpe he is about as popular up here as Jeremy clarkson at a council office!Nunthorpe is my back yard mr Mallon.

Indie
11:25 AM on December 22, 2011
He forgot to state what she has done for Middlesbrough though!

hairyhorace
11:59 AM on December 22, 2011
Wonder if she'll be arriving in a Boro Car taxi.

Boro4215
12:00 PM on December 22, 2011
I am pleased he has taken time out from cutting council services for this important occassion. Amelia is an asset to Middlesbrough but not sure the timing is right for Mr Mallon to do this at the moment!

yorkshireman
12:05 PM on December 22, 2011
Redcar raven we too in Nunthorpe, some but not all are quite partial to a parmesan, my cousin always has one when he comes up from Dorset, as well as rabbit and pheasant, I'm going for the traditional turkey this xmas day as parmo is not really festive even though it would be good for soaking up the alcohol!

charlie42
12:29 PM on December 22, 2011
just 1 question WHY surely there is more important people who have done better things than get to a final on x factor

Wiggler
12:43 PM on December 22, 2011
Your all just jelous because you are not getting a goody bag

ColSchmoll
12:54 PM on December 22, 2011
There is 11 trains a day from Nunthorpe to Boro. If people choose to sit in traffic a payfor parking as oppsed to £2.90 for a return I guess thats up to them.

Davo010
12:59 PM on December 22, 2011
I have to wonder how much this little reception is costing, money well spent with all the cuts to services and I am sure Amelia does not really give a rats about it, much more interested in the fame and cash and all the trimmings that come with these programs, give her 5 minutes and she'll be in London with Boro in the rar view mirror!

talisker
1:05 PM on December 22, 2011
i know this will seem negative but what has she done, nothing else going on so lets honour a looser

navig9466
1:18 PM on December 22, 2011
What the heck is a Love Middlesbrough Ambassador?, Has Steve Gibson got 1?

BillyBorn
1:32 PM on December 22, 2011
I was at the Middlesbrough Volunteer Star awards at the end of February where Mr Mallon said ''Its these volunteers that make Middlesbrough fantastic''. Not a mention anywhere in the Amelia Gazette.
Oh, I know why, the volunteers werent losers on a pointless telly show.
What a disgusting PR stunt Mr Mallon. The bandwagon went two weeks ago.

danniboi
1:34 PM on December 22, 2011
I would not let the bloke stroke my dog.

goodcopbadcop
1:52 PM on December 22, 2011
When will he honour all the volunteers from all the community projects he intends to close. Why not put her forward for the Queens New Year Honours list. I think he,s been on the Christmas Sherry Trifle.

honda
3:25 PM on December 22, 2011
you can see now where your 3.5% extra council tax goes its a pity its not spent on failing services which are badly needed in the community i cant understand what the fuss is all about the lass isnt a superstar and is at best mediocre Mallon will try anything to gain the spotlight he"ll be singing next or squacking

zambi
4:50 PM on December 22, 2011
This I cannot understand when services are being cut everywhere in the ttown and we face 3.5% rates rise. She is a good singer but hardly worthy of such an event I am afraid Mallons priorities are way out of line. Still good luck to the Lass.

denw123
5:09 PM on December 22, 2011
so she done it to put the boro on the map then? a true heroine.

AlanM
5:13 PM on December 22, 2011
as already said another massive PR stunt by Mallon and as usual the up his backside lickie lickie EG have wrote about it.

interceptor12
5:13 PM on December 22, 2011
mallon talks of honour what a big time joke he is?

hadenough
5:20 PM on December 22, 2011
Ithink someone at the gazette likes to wind people up

tp10
5:24 PM on December 22, 2011
Once again, well done and good luck to the girl! Obviously Amelia has contributed to the good name of the Boro in doing what she's done but hold on a mo! What about Patrick Monahan the comedian, he actually WON!

allygator
6:55 PM on December 22, 2011
Well done Amelia Lily, you're amazing :)

southbanker1
7:34 PM on December 22, 2011
So just what has this young girl done? She appeared on a TV talent show, got kicked off, got let back and then got kicked off again! Now shes an ambassador for Middlesbrough but at least she received a goody bag, probably a few jellies and a plastic toy.......

bennyboy
8:03 PM on December 22, 2011
isnt Nunthorpe in Redcar and Teesside High in Yarm, Stockton-on-Tees???? hope their mayors n councils have chipped in

jasper
8:07 PM on December 22, 2011
i think this is more about upping mallons profile,this girl is just the pawn in his silly little power struggle.

bennyboy
8:28 PM on December 22, 2011
The Boro Quiz???
1. Where is Nunthorpe?
2. Where is Teesside High School
3. Where are Geordies from?

ThoughtfulCasual
9:07 AM on December 23, 2011
Where did Christmas go? April 1st already?

ThoughtfulCasual
10:56 AM on December 23, 2011
Seriously though, WHAT HAS SHE DONE?
Come 3rd on a talent show which means NOTHING anyway
Fair enough, in a few years if she was a big pop star and promoting Boro, award her all you want..........but this is just embarassing!
A memento recognising her acheivments.............short memento then considering she's acheived NOTHING

Read More http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... z1hMtG1mEz
BoroBot
Site Admin

Re: Mallon & Co: all in it together

Post by BoroBot »

cantstandfootball
11:44 AM on December 23, 2011
Amelia Lilly and Ray mallon both in the same picture smiling....................enough to put me off my christmas dinner

ThoughtfulCasual
11:46 AM on December 23, 2011
what was Mike Tyson doing there?

PaulGreyhead
11:46 AM on December 23, 2011
I'd prefer to see awards given to the people that volunteer for charity and hospital work, those who tirelessly raise money for good causes etc. and do things for no benefit to themselves.
Only my opinion obviously, but there are so many people who do good things and never get recognised or even acknowledged for it; these are the people that should be given awards.

Indie
11:57 AM on December 23, 2011
What has she done for the town other than portray us as a town that raves over a 16 year old who dyes her hair pink, dons the proverbial false eyelashes and layers of make-up and sings in a competition in which she is removed at the first hurdle? A competition which has become a laughing stock! Mr Greyhead is correct - we have many more worthy young people that Miss Lilly I'm afraid - it's just that they do no seek the limelight.

elvismac
12:15 PM on December 23, 2011
PLEASE just go away.

BillyBorn
12:24 PM on December 23, 2011
Its Christmas right? Why is Mallon pulling off an April Fool stunt?
Gazette, you really do need to get a grip of yourslves. Ok, while she was in the karaoke, get behind her if you felt you must, but ......... singing sensations dont get booted out of mediocre karaoke shows twice!!!!
Bit concerned that Mallon finds it necessary to pose like Jesus in the inspirational painting depicting the sermon on the mount.

darkcloud
12:59 PM on December 23, 2011
Anything that Mallon gives out is worthless, but there are cameras about.

honeytrap
12:59 PM on December 23, 2011
"Amelia certainly hasn't forgotten her roots", get a grip Mallon, she's only been on a talent show and she hasn't left Middlesbrough!! I'm embarrassed for him, he's banging on like she's Madonna

WOOWOO
1:08 PM on December 23, 2011
WHAT???? she cant sing, she shouts, shows how good she was, voted off x factor at an early stage, and allowed back in again, all wrong, she should never been allowed back in, i have seen better singers in pubs and clubs!! Ray `mayor` Mallon get your priorities right, if anyone deserves good publicity look at our firemen, police, doctors, nurses, brain surgeons, etc, now they are our stars and heros, i cant believe you where elected again, another BIG mistake, very little faith in you.....USELESS........

danniboi
1:28 PM on December 23, 2011
Well since we cannot comment on the other Ray Mallom story of today, "as per gazette policy"
More lives than a cat this man.

hobo
1:34 PM on December 23, 2011
Sorry no is this a joke, Granted she has done well for HERSELF but she has sang in one competition and didn't win. Exactly whatt did she do for the boro and its people. I think every body that works in James cook every ambulance driver, every fireman should of got something first. They have done more for the people of the borro, but what reconition have they recieved

Bubba
1:37 PM on December 23, 2011
She mentioned Middlesbrough on national tv. If her career takes off, which I hope it does, then it could only be good for Middlesbrough. Somebody has got to try because nobody believes Robocop.

denw123
1:54 PM on December 23, 2011
tomorrows headlines,amelia lily gives mayor mallon award for promoting herself in front of all her worldwide fans who didn,t vote in x factor and so enabled her to lose the competition and take her role as ambassador for middlesbrough after he recognised her achievements for self promotion.

Read More http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teess ... z1hMygWB7P